April 02, 2003

the museum staff is discussing a possible donation to the museum. a donation of small pox scars from 1880. yikes man. thre are so many yikes for that. yike one...uhh why would someone want to save small pox scars, yike two the cdc wants to have a talk with us, yike three is just plain ew. i haven't been very productive in like office things today, but i have had a nice day. i sat on the canal for lunch...and lay in the grass and the sun was so bright. if i didn't have to come back here i would have felt rather alive. I desire to go shopping later...maybe if kirsten has a good appt. I'm trying to pretend to do work. no one really cares. I am getting something out of my internship...just not the sort of things one would expect. my supervisor and the director's daughter were discussing creed and some decipel(sp?) concert that they are going to. also a pilgrimage and a christian youth rally in baltimore. i smiled and nodded. whoa dudes, whoa. i've never seriously heard people discuss the merit of creed before but there you go. it is such a beautiful day. it really is. i am in love with today. there is cake out there for someone's birthday. do the rewards of cake equal the detriment of socializing. i don't think i'm an unsocial person but much of the time here i just sit in the office. is it fear of social ineraction with folk so completely different from me. I do fear coming out to them...it's not at all necessary to my position and so why bother. doo dee doo. i have an hour and a half left here. i haven't yet talked to ryan about skipping out for lunch on friday for the peer supporter thing. almost none of the other ps can stay for the training. i think ashley and i are going to be the only mentors. maryann always looks to me to do these things and i really don't think i'm such a fabulous mentor. I'm mad that no one is available. I'm not available either but i feel a need to make myself available because no one else will. grrr. it's not at all that i mind leaving here for a bit...although i do have more hours to make up than i with to think about. I mind that no one else makes sacrifices for this commitment. granted i skipped supervision last week...but the week before ashley and rebecca skipped(which rebecca does all the time) because they had too much work to do. maryann asked me to stress the seriousness of the commitment...this is ofcourse before i skipped...so there won't be people absent all the time. more fab mentor qualities. i don't even really know what i'm chatting about except that it's not small pox or war related.

No comments: