March 11, 2004

since there were like real bank people here i couldn't do my usual things like read every blog on earth and post about kitties or apartments. one minute they were really nice, and then the next it was like "mary, is it the usual practice to blah blah blah" it was ouchy. the irony is that last night there was this thing i didn't want to do and i said "so if we get audited tomorrow and i don't do this we'll be in trouble" thankfully i did it. they're gone now and mary went out to smoke a pck of cigarettes. because i don't smoke i had to have another donut to calm my nerves. mary was shaking this morning, it was scary.
moving on...my mother is trying to bribe us into coming home on sunday with cake. to my mom, cake, especially fancy expensive cake, is the only real currency. it's the only thing worth living for. the day she called to tell me she broke her rib she started out with ten minute discussion about the 5 cakes she ordered for my sisters' baby shower. the day of the baby shower, she told me the cakes were great and she couldn't remember most of what my sister received as gifts because she was busy with the cakes. at my graduation, she bought cakes to take into two different restaurants, on two different days. do we all remember the graduation cakes?
my mom who loves me, would like us to come back from maryland on sunday and stay the night in exhange for a cake. although i deny the effectiveness of the cake bribe, maybe we could leave sunday afternoon. my mom also has great hopes that i will move all of my belongings to the new apartment. it's going to take a lot of cakes to make that happen. but i do have a lot of things to take north with me, and a 13 hour day plus a cake stop at my house is going to be trying.
speaking of movign belongings...sarah i still have your tv & vcr. my question to you is, what should i do with them. should i bring them up here, or would you and tracy like to go have cake at my house and pick them up? you can think about that too and let me know. i'm sure you want them...

No comments: