October 25, 2004

i did some serious purging of my house this weekend. it was a beautiful thing. i actually filled a dumster. which i feel sort of bad about. but they were things that a) were so used they wouldn't be use to anyone else b) was not an article that could be recycled. i also have a very large bag of clothes for goodwill. which ofcourse i forgot at home. as a result i can see and use the big bathtub in the second bathroom. and it's always very grattifying to get rid of stuff.
i also tallied up how much i spend when i go home for the weekend. between 40-60 dollars in gas, about $5 in tolls both ways, food at about $10 per round trip and chocolate (which i'm hesitant to put a dollar amount to as it's a constant variable). i'm not going to add shopping because if i had any willpower at all, i wouldn't have to hit the mall every weekend. but truly i think it's genetic because my mom and my sister are always shopping. and my meme. just ask annie.
but i can't tell my mom i'm too poor to come home. because it's pathetic. and she'd offer to give me money. and then i'd feel guilty that my sick mommy was bribing me to come visit. even though really, i'm just poor. but as i discovered last week with all the cob webs and dust in my fridge, i haven't been grocery shopping in a month. so that has to be a savings of about 20 bucks a week atleast.
i almost wish we were really busy so i wouldn't have to think about this crap.

No comments: