January 24, 2005

i am in a very good mood today. my mom called me last night and was very much her old self. she even asked how much my building would cost for her to buy it. that's almost shopping, and that's how you know my mom is ok.
i spent most of last week pretty sure that every call from home was going to tell me that mom was in the hospital, or had fallen again, or worse. when i saw her last she couldn't get out of bed on her own and the one time she was out of bed she fell and we had to carry her back to her bed. my dad was waiting on her hand and foot. desperately trying to think of things to cook for her that she could eat. it was completely heartbreaking and just so sweet i couldn't take it.
and so last week, while i was very happy to have a sarah(which incidentally i still do) and it was a very good week, my mind has been filled with the thought of my mom dying. but now that she's shopping again, i can return to my blaise self and think about things like why no one says whilst anymore when it's such a cool word.

No comments: