January 31, 2005

sarah is the reason i have to think about dead puppies at work so i won't bust out laughing while counting back change. since she's all like, in transit, she's not blogging. and so i searched her archives and this is the funny ass entry i found...

"Well, good friends, it was almost time to take out your best black attire, bake a casserole, and head on over to Massachusetts to bid a fond farewell to your hetero-life-mate, Sarah: true friend, brilliant scholar, and sexy, sexy private dancer. You've had it happen before; you're minding your own business, reading or watching tv, when you start choking for no other reason except that you breathed in. Last night I was chewing gum, (and doing other things--I'm a multi-tasker) when I began to choke. Not on the gum, but on the startling minty-fresh flavor coming out of it. I coughed, and coughed, and coughed a little more, but every time I coughed my throat closed and I swallowed air. It was like a vicious cycle--coughing would cause me to swallow air, which would cause me to cough--you get the idea. So there I was in the kitchen, gum in my hand, my mom pounding on my back, not really breathing, wondering if this hell would ever end. Finally I was able to stop and get the air out, which came out as a burp. My mom laughed, hopefully out of relief that I was okay and not because gas is funny, which, I have to admit, it almost always is. The rest of the night every time I coughed I tasted Wrigley's spearmint.

Okay, so I really didn't think my life was in danger at any point. But I did think I was going to throw up, completely wasting the mulit-vitamin that I had with dinner, and that, my friends, would have been a tragedy."

No comments: