February 26, 2005

i am once again spending my saturday morning in town, at the library. i've been practicing my shifting. i drove up to cherryfield and it was lovely. i can no longer count the people who have pulled over/come over to see if my car is ok on two hands. i need an abacus. it's so nice, but it doesn't help me prove my point that i'm getting better at driving standard. i am. really. i didn't want to pull over and cry once today. but i did make myself nauseas in the walmart parking lot. i stopped and started about 50 times and i think i have it down now. i feel less like pulling into linnehan's credi-car and selling my soul. unfortunately i made a new discovery in the car today that has to do with the stereo. it does not play the tape that hooks to the cd player. and that is a damn shame. if the afternoon session and the next week of driving go well and i keep this car, i shall have to get a new stereo. i can't drive another 150,000 miles with no cd player. i am not that poor. i can sacrifice internet at home, cable tv, haagen dazs...but not music in the car. i'd sell my plasma for a car stereo that could play cds. maybe i will sell my plasma for a car stereo. always thinking (taps head).

No comments: