February 14, 2005

oh my. someone just asked me if i was engaged. i didn't understand and i said no maybe a little too vehemently. and this poor elderly woman, who was so ready to be thrilled for me, left the bank looking at me like i was INSANE. but now i've figured it out. amy the m's ring arrived today, in a black velvet ring box. and it's sitting on my desk because i'm so excited it's here. i could pretend i'm engaged to her. errr.

ooooh, i just got the best valentine. the bean book from holly. a whole book, about beans. with bean history and bean cartoons, and bean recipes. and the best part, she taped the whole package with scotchtape. my friend at the post office was absolutely amazed that it arrived. mental note to mail her packing tape.

and because i've been singing this to myself for weeks...and because lo unto the girliness that hath overtaken me i've been spending alot of time with my friends lip gloss and lip stick. i enjoy being shimmery. dammit.

little plastic castle-ani difranco

people talk about my image
like i come in two dimensions
like lipstick is a sign of my declining mind
like what i happen to be wearing the day
that someone takes my picture
is my new statement for all of womankind

No comments: