August 09, 2005

so, no permanent damage. he couldn't conclusively say it was sundamage, but said instead that they are damaged and probably it was the sun. I have a bit of a sunburn and he asked if i was wearing sunscreen and i said yes and he said think about your eyes with no sunscreen. but he said they will heal and he gave me some drops and i'm supposed to try to avoid bright light and anything that strains my eyes. he also said that this is nigh impossible and just to do the best i could and take breaks if i needed them. he was a very nice man. i have another appt. to get a new prescription, insurance restrictions be damned, and i will get sunglasses. oh yes. what good is money in your pocket if you go blind and get wrinkly (thanks mare! i can add vanity to my list of worries right under permanent sight loss).
so there's the update on that, maybe something interesting and unmedical will happen to me later, that would be cool.

No comments: