September 16, 2005

difficult tasks make me cranky. even though it was completed with limited effort on my part, i'm still cranky about it. i cleaned my apartment as little as necessary for the realty crew coming through today. i'm not all that much less lazy for having more free time. this weekend is apple picking and pie weekend. traditionally my mom would make a ham or a turkey for apple sunday. also, by tradition, there would be four or five families there. since it will be just matt and myself, maybe a cornish game hen or two. although that might cause domestic overload.
we had a discussion about thanksgiving recently, whether or not i'm going home. i really should go home, but i have to work the friday after. meaning, i'd have to drive down the night before and up the night of. lo be the unpleasantness. it would not be unpleasant to give thanks with his family, just weird. last year's thanksgiving was spent by myself and it wasn't all that bad. i think i made a pizza but i can't really remember. i'm kind of excited to do my own cooking this year, which is why i want to have thanksgiving sunday. sort of a test run. maybe i'll get all this fall cooking mania out of my system.

No comments: