September 06, 2005

with the cut in my hours, my life is starting to feel like mine again. since i've had no time to cook i've been drooling at my desk at all the recipes i'd like to try. but i don't have to work tonight, do i'm going to make a vegetable stir fry with a whole bunch of the zuchini that matt's mom gave me. i'm going to frost my banana bars* with neufchatel frosting and i'm going to make baklava. it's going to be a big night in my oven. i've never made baklava before but it looks pretty easy. butter, philo, butter. i'll let you know what it's like tomorrow. the recipe says it's freezable. i can defrost it and send it home with matt this weekend.
in other cooking news: i made a very good macaroni and cheese this weekend, and some very hard core lemon pepper chicken. very hard core. adding truth to the fact that dried spices are more effective than fresh ones. by a lot.
i've been all about my kitchen lately, cooking and refining recipes. i'm supposed to send my cousin a recipe for her bridal shower and i've been trying to pick one that will hold up the family honor. i'm also thinking that i'm going to be cooking the thanksgiving dinner this year. my sister will be very pregnant by that time. i'm thinking lemon pepper turkey?

i was debating the merits of the cooking post, because that's what i've been doing most this weekend, versus a post about new orleans in the civil war. clearly i started with the food stuff. maybe i'll work on my history lesson for tomorrow.



*these were supposed to be two breads, in two 8 inch pans of one 9 inch pan. the pans were right, the recipe was very wrong. i should have realized it from the beginning, how can the contents of one 9 inch pan make two 8 inch breads? so, banana bars. with cream cheese frosting. and chopped walnuts. because secretly martha stuart makes me hot.

No comments: