November 09, 2005

my father bought himself one of these, in vanilla. he says it's like sitting in your living room. but with a retractable top. as this would be the sixth car to reside in his driveway, he called to be sure that i'm going to take the maxima away. (actually he said he's going to sell it to me, which makes me a little nervous...surely he means sign the title to me without any exchange of funds...that's what give means right?) so this weekend i'll have two cars. which is good because i'll be living out of them. ha.
i told my father my plan to buff the honda and fix the big ass holes in the paint and possibly the scratch in the bumper (where apparently my father hit it with the snowblower...). i didn't tell him my plan to sell it for more than twice what i paid for it. he thinks i'm going to give the money from the sale to my sister. i was planning on giving her the previously agreed upon price.
i could sell it at what i want to sell it for, and then give all the money to christine, who would have done none of the required work except cash the check. i could leave the paint crappy and do nothing more than list it in uncle henry's for free and sell it for what i paid for it. or i could do all the work, sell it for what it's really worth and lie through my teeth. i don't really like any of those options.

No comments: