December 15, 2005

i received confirmation about my raise yesterday, and it's generous, so i'm putting a halt to the resume sending for the moment. if i'm offered an interview for the really great opportunity, i will take it and fret constantly about it and then over analyze my performance. at least this time i won't be buying a new answering machine to make sure i haven't missed their call. it's good for my neurosis that i don't have a land line. really.
i texted matt the details of my raise, and he worked out the yearly math. if i didn't know better that would freak me out. matt was relieved because his boss had said that he would tell everyone he knew to pull their accounts if i had to leave. i'm glad we don't have to go through all that.
i'm hoping some of the money conversations will stop now. they're not all bad, some of them are about us living together and that's not so bad. no rent! but it's no fun talking about how poor we are, any more than it is to read about it all the time. :(
in other news i've decided to make an effort to add pictures to this here blog. one, because it really is beautiful here in the winter. two, because i think this is going to be a good year to document the apocolyptic snow. and three, because i need a reason to get my ass out of the bank at lunch and walking my ass to the library to upload pictures seems as good as any.

No comments: