January 31, 2006

so, new law: you send out four resumes to one organization and someone will call you for an interview. however successful that tactic is, it brings with it the difficulty of remembering which position administrative assistant 2 they called you about. it was one of two, better than one of four. and now i must heap the nervousness into piles so i can give each worry it's own special attention. firstly, what do i tell my boss? do i call in sick, or do i tell her i have an appointment and if so do i tell her what it is? advice very welcome.
next, what do i wear? i'm going to take a finetoothed comb through my wardrobe. and then i'm going to take a finetoothed comb through the mall. i can hear my mother saying SUIT SUIT SUIT. but i'd hardly feel myself wearing a suit, so i need something that has equivalent respectability but is less suity.
well, those are the biggies for piles of worry. i'm also a little worried that i won't be able to find the place (big ass campus) but that's easiest to deal with.*

i'm distracting myself from the freaking out by opening the last of my boxes from college. matt and i went home this weekend and my dad insisted that i bring the rest of them with me. i have two bags in the car to go to goodwill. one filled with shoes, which my beloved can hardly believe. i found 6000 hanging KOI fish. 5 new hair products. endless lotions and potions and a brand new bottle of calcium supplements. and also a lochness monster.**
my bathroom is out of control with the products. but i liked the new shampoo i tried this morning. high quality, even with the time warp.


*matt is making me a map! and the adorableness prize goes to...
**now peeping out of my station.

No comments: