April 04, 2006

yesterday sucked ass. i had to go to the new branch* because someone was out. it was their first day in the new building and they were having a big party and no one knew where anything was and it was AWFUL. and also the phones and computers were dead and no one seemed very concerned. except me. when they left me to handle the whole bank and drive-thru by myself using the sharp machines** and with no money. either bob thinks i'm extremely capable or else he's a masochistic bastard.

i think probably he had no idea that i don't know how to use the sharp machines and they don't have written instructions like we do. and every vp of the bank was standing around eating cake while i quietly went insane. fortuitously i had to leave early for sara. sara who was passing out in our branch all day but couldn't go home because i wasn't there.*** it was madness. completely avoidable madness and that is what pisses me off. and also one of the video workers kept hitting on me and i was meaner than i need to be out of sheer frustration and i moved his ladder while he was still stuck in the ceiling. whoops.

i spent my day reminding myself that it's just a job and also to check the want ads on thursday when the papers come out. i'm tired of hearing how valued i am and then being treated like dirt. they didn't call today but i wouldn't have gone. i refuse to go back there. if they want me to be a floating teller they can pay me like a floating teller.

*it's very pretty by the way.
**overgrown adding machines, old school banking.
***i wasn't there because there was no one else in the whole organization that could be spared apparently but half the main office and the manager of the "busiest" branch had time to come and eat cake and stare at the steam rising from my ears.

No comments: