November 14, 2007

Cupcakes to gobble up!

Ok, that's a lame title but I guess I'm in the spirit because I love it. We're having Thanksgiving with Matt's family this year and I really want to do something cute for dessert. Turkey cupcakes. Some of them are pretty cute, and some are just awful. There was a biscuit and cranberry and mashed potato frosting cupcake on cupcakes take the cake I can't even link to, it fills me with ire. Martha has a sweet coconut one, which could be fun. This is more or less what I was thinking, I have a lot of candy corn to use from Halloween. I could use it this way too, but that looks like a little too much work for me. These look amazing, but I think I'm too lazy. And these, no, just no.

My plan is pretty much to make a dense chocolate cupcake, sort of a small one to only fill the cup halfway and use piped chocolate mousse to make a bird shape. I wanted to use candy corn if only to get rid of it, but I'm thinking almonds for a beak and butt feathers might be more elegant. Who doesn't want a turkey with an elegant butt?

No comments: