February 17, 2005

i was supposed to be studying last night, but holly called. she adopted a feral kitten who apparently thinks she's a "freak show" and wants no part of her or her proffered treats. holly also has a date tonight for drink at 9. "nine, i have to go to bed at nine! who goes out for drinks at nine? this is philly, not new york". what with all the hilarity i totally forgot to study.
before i beat myself to death with rolled coin i have a few observations which i keep meaning to mention.
1. i love that the debit machine at rite aid asks for my "secret code" instead of pin. it makes me feel like james bond for five whole seconds every time i go there.
2. one of my favorite bank jobs is to change the date. when the day and the number are such that you only have to turn them around to have the proper date it really makes me happy. something about the simplicity and the balance of those actions brings me no end of pleasure.
3. it worries me a little that my neigher has three shelves of plastic horses, each with a little horse blanket (because it's cold out folks) in her bedroom. (whoa, that was supposed to be neighbor, that there's a freudian typo)
4. lipton changed the labeling of their iced tea, and it tastes better. really.
5. 4 of every 5 customers think my koi are goldfish
6. no one likes the pink conversation hearts
7. people will choose to park in one of our two spaces to go to the post office EVEN if every space in front of the post office is open. it's a psychological study.
8. this is neither here nor there but i do realize how often i misspell and it does bother me, but not enough to hit spell check because then you have to change every capitalization and i like it this way. (granted if i ever go back to school i'm screwed)
9. the cleaning lady has no respect for the delicate over all vision of my workspace and often places my ceramic koi at an unlikely angle for their swim pattern around the bamboo and it drives me...completely...insane.
10. i really am as anal about my desk as that last rant would have you believe and it does sort of worry me.

this is not exactly a tidbit, but it bears blogging. yesterday mary took up her post at the window to defend the honor of our parking spaces. and she started growling. and i asked if she was getting her cranky on? and she said yes, i have to start polishing my one-liners for the tourists.

No comments: