April 18, 2005

i just passed up an opportunity to be on tv. the network heard about the blog and...no, not really. that would be awful*. wabi just wanted me to say "good night from Bar Harbor" but i couldn't bring myself to do it. people watch the news. people who bank here. and i have a pimple. i'm not going on tv in front of a customer filled public with a pimple. mary was very disapointed in me and i promised that next time i'll do as i'm bid by the tv lady.
i got my new driver's liscense in the mail today. the bastards put your weight on it.** New Hampshire didn't do that...Maine has no class. but the picture is ok. and the service very prompt. and i got some articles from mimi, dick you can tell her they arrived and are much appreciated! also i learned that heels from target, while deceptively comfy, are not at all meant to be walked in from the bank to graves and back. ouch!
i love my new old book very much. it's circa 1853 and it is hilarious. my favorite is "from a gentleman with some fortune who saw a Lady in the park, to her mother". straight to the source on that one.
i have talked new sara into coming to the mall with me tomorrow. she has a bunch of wedding stuff to do and i have to... well, nothing really but do i need an excuse to go to the mall?
what i do need an excuse for is to get out of matt's mom's birthday dinner? it sounds like a sticky wicket. do i go? do i bring a gift? a card? what kind of gift? will his family hate me? will i really hate his family? this is so not a few weeks sort of commitment, the meeting of families is like months on my scale. but then am i the meanest girl ever if i don't go? argh! suggestions gladly accepted on this one.

*and then i got fired.
**i don't actually know my weight and i just made it up so i'm not sure if it's good or bad or what.

No comments: