April 12, 2005

so this morning i opened my door and it's all white, and i thought it was april. silly me. the car was very cold, and also there was snow in it. which i didn't understand at all until i realized i left the back window open (because it was gorgeous beyond measure yesterday, i suppose i should be glad i didn't leave the roof off). it was quite a shock, the snow, and i totally forgot my breakfast on the counter which i am irrationally upset about. my bagel...all buttery and alone...the humanity.
i spent my evening yesterday dying my hair and making gingerbread and speaking to everyone i ever met on the phone. and it was the best. i totally missed amymas which sucks, she left a message saying she can't do our vaca thing in may which is cool because then i can use my long weekend to visit maryland and we can take our road trip later. sarah and i talked about boys, it was the pre-teen conversation we never got to have. poor sarah has spent most of her adult life fending off sweet unnattractive young men and offered much wisdom. mimi called to tell me about a cool movie coming out soon "my summer of love" which seems like a british version of the incredible true adventures and as such should be very adorable. holly called to hear about the party and declared that grace is not a true member of my family because she didn't eat her cake. true though that is, she does have a propensity to growl which is totally genetic and therefor her identity is not in question. and matt called to make plans for this week and i told him to call me today. i can't deal with all that stimulae in one day let alone add the stress of making plans with a boy. i'm only flesh and blood.
speaking of the weakness of the flesh, i bought hair dye yesterday solely because it was on sale and i was in it's magnetic radius. chilled plum. when i showed mary the box and she looked at the color shade thing she said "what's the difference?" and i said "about five bucks" and sadly i was right. the bathtub is chilled plum, two towels are chilled plum, my hands and a few tiny spots on chairman meow (i swear it wasn't on purpose) are chilled plum, but my hair is still pretty much brown. this is the result of being rash. holly suggested i ask matt what he thinks of my hair (without supplying the details) and then burst into tears because he didn't notice. i'm pretty sure she was kidding.

No comments: