June 09, 2005

i finished my work week for the bookstore job last night. and i bought a book. but really it's a sequal to pride and prejudice. did anyone think i wouldn't buy it? no? good, we're all in sync. i really love that job, recommending books to wilderness quides sleeping in their cars, talking to the french lady who wanted the book featured on good morning america, the cute englishman with the road maps who said quite un-ironically "it looks like you can't get there from here?".* my new boss seems very impressed with me, and my cashiering skills. "it looks like you've run a cash register before." "yeah, once or twice." i guess there are worse skills to have, like turning tricks or something.
there are atleast 10 things i should be doing, so i'm blogging. i think i'm on sortof a nyquil high. i couldn't sleep for coughing last night, so i took some nyquil. and watched clue. and then i guess i fell asleep. and now i'm drooling all over my new desk. shame.
i have some correspondence to write. i owe alot of letters, i have a list. i might have to go buy stamps soon, which always cheers me up. maybe i'll be crazy and buy stamps BEFORE I RUN OUT. wild thing that i am...

*possibly what he said was more british, but that's exactly how i remember it.

No comments: