August 22, 2005

just returned from the eye doctor. all damage repaired and the new prescription is a very small change. which is good because it means my sight's not that bad, but somehow it pisses me off that i'm not getting my money's worth from the visit and the expense of new lenses. if i was going blind i'd consider it money well spent. i puzzled matt with this logic...just another service i provide.
i don't think i've ever been compared to a sitcom before, thanks sarah! we didn't have any wacky adventures or family heart to hearts at the end, no one really seemed to care. works for me.
we went to campobello island on friday, which was very pretty. i can tell you the customs officials there take their work very seriously. for a ten mile island. on saturday i made popovers from scratch (not that this is hard) and we went to a truck pull. very literally we watched street style pick-up trucks try to pull weights down a track. FOR FOUR HOURS. i'm building up girlfriend points. maybe i'll earn enough for a new car.
yesterday i cleaned my house top to bottom, and matt did my laundry and my bidding in general. we made chicken marsala that he liked and i couldn't eat. it was very sweet, i did something wrong. but probably we don't need to cook a recipe that uses 4 tablespoons of butter and oil. unless it's macaroni and cheese. mmmmm.

No comments: