December 28, 2007

Buchanan, those were the days

My dad was really, really disappointed that my uber conservative uncle wasn't at the Christmas party this year. Of all the years to go to Feliz Navidad in Florida it had to be the year we got a Christmas card from the Clintons. Apparently ten bucks to the NH Democrats buys you a lot of liberal cheer. I forget how big the primary thing is in NH since I haven't lived there in ten years. There are signs everywhere, forcing me to google NH Primary to find out the damn date: January 8, 2008. I know the point is that it's early but I'm genuinely shocked. Shocked at the date and that so many people in Merrimack have Ron Paul signs in their yards. Reminds me of my youth "borrowing" the Buchanan signs from the highway which my mom miscontrued for a true interest in politics and/or collecting and started stealing one of each sign for me. I still have them somewhere because you never know when Forbes for President will be a collector's item.

No comments: