January 05, 2005

a man came in yesterday wearing a umd terps hat. which is surprisingly rare in bar harbor. so when i was processing his deposit i said "go terps" and he said "what" and i said "the terps. your hat." and he said "oh, i just like turtles". sigh. how does one accidentally acquire a maryland terrapins hat. i just don't know.

i had an inspirational idea yesterday about the car thing. i was looking at the honda civics online and then i remembered there's one in my parents drive way. that is my sisters. that hasn't been driven in, well, years. so obviously it will need some work, like say brakes that aren't disintegrated, but i bet my dad won't mind too much if it's out of his driveway. in some ways though, it's more nerve-wracking talking to my parents about it than talking to a dealer. my parents will say "your car is fine" and i'll say the seat belt stopped working. and they'll say "we'll get it fixed" and i'll say "the doors don't stay closed" and they'll say "that's just the cold". and then i'll say it's a drain on my soul and they'll say but it's so good on gas. but it's my soul. my soul, man. draining.
i guess at that point i can always just go to mr. toyota guy. he'll understand about my soul. he'll understand anything i want if i sign the right papers. good man, mr. toyota.
so i'm going to talk to my sister about it. not the one who owns the car. because we don't have her phone number. rather the one who converses with the parents on a daily basis. and then we'll see.

and also, if anyone knows how i made the type on my screen big enough for those satellites revolving mars to read could you let me know how to fix it? it's making my life hard. thanks.

No comments: